The ProductionWise website is owned and operated by Grain Growers Limited (“GrainGrowers”).
What information does GrainGrowers collect from you?
- If you register or subscribe to the ProductionWise website, you may provide personal information in a number of ways including when you:
- register to use the free record keeping section of the website
- subscribe to the website
- renew your subscription to the website
- change your personal details or contact GrainGrowers
- Information you provide can include:
- first name, middle name and surname
- date of birth
- trading or company name
- contact details including phone, fax, residential, postal and email addresses
- location of properties owned or managed by you
- crop types, varieties, purposes and methods
- farm management practices, grain storage and equipment used
- sale contracts in respect of crops
- other information in respect of farm inputs
- Information which GrainGrowers’ systems can discern and record when you visit our site includes:
- the identity of your internet browser
- the type of operating system you use
- your IP address
- the domain name of your Internet Service Provider
If the information sought is not provided, GrainGrowers may be unable to provide the products and services requested effectively or at all.
How does GrainGrowers use and disclose your information?
GrainGrowers uses personal information collected through the ProductionWise website for the following purposes and as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act:
- To provide estimates and forecasts in respect of particular farm outcomes as described on the website
- To calibrate numerical procedures or predictive models derived using third party data
- For GrainGrowers’ own research and development initiatives and to improve its products and services including but not limited to improving the content of GrainGrowers sites
- To inform registered users and subscribers about:
- operational matters in respect of their ProductionWise registration and/or subscription including pricing details, expiry and renewal dates and features of other products and services offered by GrainGrowers and its partners
- other offers and related matters in respect of potential registration and subscription to ProductionWise and/or other products and services offered by GrainGrowers and its partners
- where the user or subscriber has consented, other products and services offered by GrainGrowers and related bodies corporate for the purpose of generating subscription, membership recruitment and marketing including research & development, training, and other supply chain related products and services; and
- details deemed relevant by GrainGrowers management of other upcoming events and special offers, businesses and third party services available to users via the website, email and fax or via electronic or hard copy letters or publications such as information booklets and newsletters.
- By using the ProductionWise website you acknowledge and agree that GrainGrowers and its authorised representatives may contact you (including by phone, email and other electronic channels) for the purpose of providing you with the advertising and promotional information referred to above. You may unsubscribe to this information service at any time by contacting GrainGrowers or its authorised representative.
- GrainGrowers may preserve the content of any e-mail or other communication you send us. Your e-mail message content may be monitored by GrainGrowers for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of e-mail abuse is suspected.
- When you are online, GrainGrowers will record information in respect of the pages within our network which you visit, how long you spend on each page and what you click on. These statistics are used to monitor concurrent user numbers and loads so that the best quality service can be delivered to you with the minimum of latency.
GrainGrowers will not sell, transfer, license, give away or otherwise provide third parties with access to information entered by you.
What steps does GrainGrowers take to protect your information?
GrainGrowers uses reasonable endeavours to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information of its users and subscribers. It uses a variety of physical and electronic security measures including firewalls, applications load balancing devices and other hardware and software. It restricts physical access to our offices, computer networks and all stored digital data to seek to ensure that personal information is reasonably secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or storage system can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Changing or reviewing information held by GrainGrowers
ProductionWise registered users and/or subscribers are able to access and amend their personal information held by GrainGrowers through secure password access on the ProductionWise website. Users may also apply in writing.
If you believe that information held by GrainGrowers about you is inaccurate or in need of updating, you may amend the details at any time by accessing the ProductionWise website using your secure user name and password.
If you wish to deregister from the ProductionWise website and have your details removed from our database, please send a written request to GrainGrowers.
How to contact GrainGrowers
If you would like to access your personal information, request that your information be changed or removed, or have any other queries about your privacy rights or the way in which GrainGrowers handles your personal information please contact GrainGrowers’ Support Team from Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 5.00pm in one of the following ways:
||1800 620 519
||Attn: ProductionWise Support on (02) 9888 5821
||ProductionWise Support Co-ordinator
PO Box 3786
Manuka ACT 2603
What should I do if I wish to lodge a privacy complaint?